Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Apple Pie Muffins



These are great muffins, the kids just love these. I have a tendency to bake things that the kids can grab and run with, and muffins fit into that category, along with cookies, bars and cupcakes. They'll grab these in the morning for breakfast as they're running out the door! My friend gave me this recipe and she doesn't remember where she got it. I'm sure there are lots of variations of apple muffins but this is the one I go to when I want to make fantastic apple muffins.
I made these in jumbo muffin tins and got 7 from the recipe, other than that I followed the recipe to the T.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.

APPLE PIE MUFFINS
TOPPING:
  • 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
BATTER:
  • 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. buttermilk
  • 1/2 c. melted butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 2 c. finely diced apples
To make topping, stir together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Drizzle with butter and toss with a fork until evenly blended. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line cups with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir in brown sugar. Pour wet mixture over flour mixture and sprinkle with apples; stir until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling to top. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Makes 12 regular size muffins.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

These look really delicious! I found you from a comment on someone else's blog. I like what I see and will probably come back on a regular basis!

Abby said...

Anything apple pie is okay with me! It's nice to have a homemade treat to grab and run with, too. Lucky kids you have!