Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Aunt Linda's Shrimp and Macaroni Salad

 photo 2727068436_c34f7edff7_zps50629320.jpg

This is my entry for Dhanggit's Perfect Party Dishes. This is a celebration of her beautiful daughter's first birthday. You have until Aug 15th to get your entries in to help Dhanggit celebrate. This is a Shrimp Salad recipe that I found on Cooks.com. My husband and I bought some frozen cooked salad shrimp about 2 weeks ago at the grocery store. He asked me to find a recipe and make shrimp salad. I've never made shrimp salad before so I went on a search.  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


 I found lots of different recipes that all looked great but this one was very different in that it was made with elbow macaroni ( I had large shells so that's what I used )and was almost like macaroni salad with shrimp. Sooo I asked him if he thought he'd like it that way and he said yes. I made this this afternoon and was very surprised at the reactions I got from the people that tasted it. My husband LOVED it! I took some to work cause I like to share with my co workers and get they're reactions on the things I make. I usually bring desserts but today it was Shrimp Salad. There was enough to share with three of the women I work with and they all loved it. Connie and I decide that this would be great with chicken as well. This salad kicks butt!! You need to try this!! The recipe called for tomatoes in the salad but my honey doesn't like tomatoes so I didn't put them IN the salad but served the tomato as slices under the salad for those who did.

Shrimp Salad photo 2727060976_9c913253c8_m_zps5cc97a53.jpg


AUNT LINDA'S SHRIMP AND MACARONI SALAD
Cooks.com
1 1/3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. elbow macaroni, cooked
1 1/2 c. diced shrimp, cooked
2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
2 tbsp. green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. onion, chopped
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/2 c. tomato, diced
1/4 c. stuffed olives, chopped
2 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. salad dressing, Miracle Whip or similar

Mix lemon juice, vegetable oil and combine with macaroni. Chill several hours, stirring occasionally. Fold in shrimp, eggs and green pepper. Blend sour cream, salt and salad dressing and fold into macaroni; add onion, celery, tomato and olives. Arrange on crisp salad greens. Serves 4 to 6

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the stuffed olives gave this the right amount of saltiness. Yummy.

grace said...

yes indeedy, that's a mound of deliciousness on a plate. well, minus the shrimp, which makes me break out into hives... :)

Jenny said...

Mmm, Shrimp and macaroni I'd be in heaven!

Connie said...

It was yummy! My husband loves olives in his macaroni salad, but like Bunny said, I'm going to try it with chicken. I think it will be wonderful.

Fran Z said...

I'm not a fan of macaroni in salads, but all the other ingredients sound like they would be yummy together. I've never made a shrimp salad with eggs so I will try this one! (I'll have to post mine sometime!

Chibog in Chief said...

shrimp and macaroni!! this is so awesome!! i'm sure to bring my guests in seventh heaven :-) thanks for this delicious entry!!

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks wonderful! Perfect representation of summer.

Marie Rayner said...

I miss miracle whip *sniff *sniff