Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gooey Pineapple-Licious Jumbo Cuppies


 photo DSCF4878-1_zps6ab22da0.jpg

My sweet tooth had a hankering for something gooey yesterday. Now normally when that happens I make my Chopped Apple Cake which satisfies every gooey need that ole sweet tooth can conger up but I didn't have any apples. NO apples!! I stood there looking in the cupboard thinking ..what now?? I want that cake, I want that gooey topping. So I starting thinking, what goes good with brown sugar??? Pineapples, yes pineapples !!  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
It just so happened I had lots of pineapple, cans of it as a matter of fact so why not use it, use what you have. Amanda your rubbing off on me!!! Amanda has a post every Thursday called Thrifty Thursday where she gives all kinds of great money saving tips and ideas. I'm sending this to you Amanda for Thrifty Thursday.

Photobucket

I followed the recipe for the Chopped Apple Cake and just substituted pineapple chunks for the chopped apples. It was wonderful!!! Soft , moist and oh so gooey!! I made them into jumbo cuppies which made it even better. You can make this in a 9x13 in cake pan like the original recipe as well. After they were made I started thinking about what you could add into this to customize it...nuts, coconut?? The pineapple went so well in this recipe that I started thinking about what other variation I could make next. BANANA !!!!! Gooey Banana-licious Cuppies!!!
I have to rein in this sweet tooth of mine....after I make the Gooey Banana-licious Cuppies hee hee!


Photobucket

Chunks of pineapple, a brown sugar glaze, trust me you want this!

Wanna print just the recipe, click here!

Gooey Pineapple-Licious Jumbo Cuppies
adapted from this recipe

Bake at 350 degrees
Ingredients
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
3 cups pineapple chunks, I used pineapple in syrup, about 1 1/2 cans pineapple
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

With an electric mixer beat together the oil, sugar and eggs, add the pineapple chunks and vanilla. When mixing this you don't want to mix the batter smooth, you want chunks of pineapple in the batter. Mix the dry ingredients together and add to the apple mixture , mix until just combined. Pour (the batter will be thick) into the jumbo cupcake tin with liner 3/4 of the way full.. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until tested done.

Glaze :
Start making the glaze when the cake is about 10 minutes away from being done. The glaze will be poured over the cake from the oven.
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbls flour
3/4 cup water
3 tbls butter

Put all the glaze ingredients in a saucepan on low to medium heat and cook until it thickens and boils, let this boil for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes , boil it until it looks caramely. You will see it get thick and the color will change to a soft caramel brown, this only takes a couple minutes after it boils. Stir to keep it from burning. Pour over hot cuppies from the oven.

37 comments:

Dewi said...

Yummy looking cuppie...
Love the pineapple in there too...

Donna-FFW said...

My goodness does this ever sound delicious.. The pictures alone are worth trying and after your fantastic review and description, how could I not try these? Love the sound of them with banana also.

noble pig said...

OH my goodness that looks ridiculously good. Love the ooey-gooey...very very inventive.

Karen said...

Those look like they would satisfy any sweet tooth!

Marie Rayner said...

DANG! Those look mighty delicious!

Cristine said...

Send me one! Or two.... :)

Debbie said...

Wow...looks and sounds good. Another one I will want to make.....

Katy ~ said...

I have been craving pineapple lately, and I just wanted to gnaw my screen when I saw your pictures!

Mermaid Sews said...

YUM! I love pinapple, never tried it in a cuppy, so creative. The brown sugar glaze looks delish.

Lynn said...

That looks really good.

Linda said...

These look so good and I have pineapple in my cupboard...time to give these a try!

Kerstin said...

They look fantastic and I love the glaze on top - yum!

Heather said...

those are certainly gooey - and they look lovely and delicious!

Reeni said...

I do want that! Those look scrumptious!!!!

MaryBeth said...

WOW.. This sounds so good and looks even better. It most defiantly would take care of my sweet tooth!

Elyse said...

Oh man, these gooey pineapple cuppies look FANTASTIC. I love apple dapple cake, so I imagine that I would love pineapple subbed in for the apple. Sounds moist, sweet, and totally delicious. I can't wait to try out the recipe!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yes, yes, I want that! Not sure which one I want more the pineapple one or the banana one. I want both. Love that last photo,btw!

Congrats on your awards!
~ingrid

grace said...

i would've said that nothing could top an apple cake, but both the pineapple and banana ideas are terrific! it'd be a tight competition, that's for sure. :)

Katy ~ said...

Bunny, I apologize for putting a link about my orange rolls on your blog, but I wanted to ensure that you had the link you asked about.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=204&sid=738534

Thank you for asking the question!! I edited my post to try and make the language for the link stand out a little more.

pigpigscorner said...

yes I want this!

Ivy said...

I love anything with pineapple in it.

Gloria Baker said...

Bunny this look really delicious!! nice recipe, xGloria

The Blonde Duck said...

I totally want something gooey now and it's all your fault!

Melissa said...

That looks great. I love gooey desserts. I had emailed you a few days ago hope you got it. You can reach me at mkhousman@gmail.com

Amanda said...

Haha! Glad I am rubbing off LOL :) This look DELICIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

How am I going to lose the winter weight if I keep visiting here? xox

eatme_delicious said...

Wow these look seriously gooey and delicious! And I love your suggestion of adding coconut mmm.

Debbie said...

Mouth watering!!

Jaime said...

oooo that reminds me of the toffee glazed pineapple upside down cake in my blog - yum!!

Shelby said...

Ok, you had me with "brown sugar glaze"!

Jacque said...

You're right, I do want one! Anything with brown sugar as a key player... YUM.

Daziano said...

I sure want this! YUM!!!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

I have to say the page hadn't even fully loaded, and I had yet to see the photo or the recipe, but I was in love with this cupcake by the title alone.

Eliana said...

Hmmm - these looks so deliciously gooey and FANTASTIC.

Barbara Bakes said...

Okay you got me with the brown sugar glaze!

Nina said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Lori said...

Oh my gooey-ness. These look amazing. I ahve to say that I am drooling over these and the cherry rolls with cream cheese frosting that are on the side bar. Very delicious looking... (as usual).