Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Banana Walnut Cake with Chocolate Glaze

 Banana Walnut Cake with Chocolate Glaze...an extremely moist, tender cake with the perfectly harmonized flavors of banana, walnut and chocolate.

To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


I knew when I started mixing this cake that it was going to be soft and very moist.  I knew that by the look of the batter.  It was so fluffy and light when I started mixing the butter and sugar together that I just knew it was going to be good.  Even as I added the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk it kept it's fluffy light texture.   I was excited, I couldn't wait to see it baked.  My cake was done at 40 minutes instead of 45 to 50 minutes, it could've been my oven but just to be safe ,check at 35 minutes.  When I took it out of the oven I could see how soft it was, I love cakes like this.  I was a little surprised that the recipe only called for one banana.  But it became evident after my first taste that the banana isn't meant to over power the other flavors in and on the cake.  It is one component of a flavor combination that melds beautifully together.  Your taste buds get a taste of banana, walnut and chocolate that is perfect.  Not one of the three over powers the other, it becomes it's own flavor.  This perfectly harmonized flavor is nestled in a soft, tender ,moist cake.  Perfection !  I had small very ripe bananas, I used two small bananas to make one large banana for the recipe.. The riper the banana the more banana flavor you'll get.  When the recipe says to beat the butter and sugar for 4 minutes, beat it for 4 minutes.  Make this cake exactly per the recipe directions and you'll be rewarded with a wonderful cake.  And remember, only mix dry and wet ingredients into the batter until they are JUST incorporated to have a tender light cake, that can be applied to all cake recipes.  You'll love this cake Kids, I know we did!  Enjoy!




To Print The Recipe, Click Here.



Banana Walnut Cake with Chocolate Glaze
Relish

Cake
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
2/3 cup finely chopped black walnuts 
Chocolate Glaze
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk or water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
To prepare cake, combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
Combine butter and sugar; beat with an electric mixer about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana and vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until just combined. Fold in walnuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Let cool completely.

To prepare glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add a bit more milk to thin glaze, if needed. Spread over cake. Serves 12.

Looking for another banana dessert? Try this fantastic banana donut recipe filled with cream cheese!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are just awesome have wonderful collection seriously amazing